ESL Summer Camp Program at Harvard Sq. & MIT
Our 3 week long ESL Summer Camp Program is based in Harvard sq. Boston with a weekend trip to New York City. The Program offers international students courses in English as a Second Language (ESL) and is designed to help them improve their English Language Proficiency (ELP). The trip happens in Boston from June 25th ending on July 15th with a weekend trip to New York City on July 11th . They learn and practice English in a traditional classroom, gain practical experience during workshops at Microsoft, MIT, use interactive applications to reduce accents, and live in dorms in Harvard Sq, Cambridge, USA.
The English Language Summer Camp
Our ESL Summer camp provides a unique opportunity to study English through specialized instruction, including
- Qualified ESL Instructors – Harvard, BU and MIT graduates
- 15 hours of instruction per week
- A curriculum that includes reading, writing, speaking, and listening exercises
- Seminars and tours at MIT and Harvard
- Visits to major tech companies such as Microsoft
- 3 different afternoon clubs to choose from: entrepreneurship, Oxford debate, and science and robotics
- English language movies
Language Outside the Classroom
There’s no better way to learn a language than by immersing oneself in the culture of that language. Students practice their English at:
- Robotics Workshops at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Organized tours of Harvard University along with admission info
- Computer coding workshops at Microsoft
On top of mastering general English vocabulary and grammar, during morning instruction, students participate in twice-weekly group projects that allow them to develop specific vocabulary and manner of speaking in their chosen area of interest.
- Entrepreneurship. Students build a company, create products, and learn about business plans and sales strategy. This group will develop a vocabulary that is specific to the world of business.
- Oxford Debate. Students in this group will learn how to engage in public speaking and presentation during fun and engaging Oxford debates. This group works on complicating their English vocabulary by learning advanced delivery and the nuance of words.
- Science and Robotics. Students learn basic coding and programming, using it to then embark on a research project. This group will develop their vocabulary in regard to science and technology.
Exploring the City
- Shopping on Newbury Street
- Tours of the Historic Freedom Trail
- Visits to the Museum of Fine Arts Boston, Science Museum
- Marine Biology tours in Boston Harbor
- Movie Theaters
- 4th of July celebration concert and fireworks!
Cogito provides students with shared on-campus housing (university dorms) during the program. Tuition covers the student’s room, meals, insurance and amenities in Harvard Sq., including:
- Dorm room (two students per room)
- Furniture and Bed (linens and towels included)
- Common area
- Kitchen with access to appliances
$4995 for Three Weeks: June 25th – July 15th
Flight tickets must be booked arriving in BOSTON and departing from BOSTON.
Scholarships Available for Top Students!
The ESL Summer camp tuition includes 15 hours of English language instruction, educational tours to universities and companies, workshops, university and company tours, room, board, amenities, three meals per day, transportation to and from the airport, and insurance.
Example of a Daily Schedule