English Language Summer Camp: Harvard
Our English language summer camp in Boston is designed to help international students improve their English language proficiency. Students enrolled in the English language camp experience Harvard University, the most prestigious American college campus.
International students attend a two-week or four-week academic English language program. They learn and practice English in a traditional classroom, gain practical experience during workshops at Google, Microsoft, MIT, and live in dorms right in Harvard Square, Cambridge, USA.
English Language Summer Classes
English language summer classes are led by qualified ESL instructors, and consist of:
- Fifteen hours of instruction per week
- Curriculum that includes writing, speaking, reading, and listening exercises
- Each lesson is structured around fun, innovative and challenging assignments that will prepare students for conversations in English
Classes are divided into two groups that take place from July 1 to July 19:
- Group I: Beginner to Intermediate
- Group II: Intermediate to Advanced
Additionally, students will practice their English language proficiency through scheduled activities such as:
- Seminars and tours at MIT and Harvard
- Visits to major tech companies such as Google and Microsoft
- Technical workshops i.e. coding in Microsoft.
- English language movies
Our instructors understand the importance of integrating culture with quality instruction. We provide educational and cultural immersion. All of our instructors are ESL certified and graduates of Harvard University or other top universities.
During the program, instructors help students:
- Develop linguistic skills through proven interactive lessons
- Enhance their writing and reading comprehension
- Engage in interactions outside of class
Our counselors are available and share their residence with the students during their stay on campus. Counselors are all students or recent graduates of Harvard University.
They help students by:
- Providing guidance outside of class
- Supervising students when visiting sites off-campus
- Assisting with coursework or other related work
With our proven, structured language lessons and opportunities for exploration into the arts and culture of the US, the educators of the English language program at Harvard Sq will ensure the support and self-confidence of their students.
There’s no better way to learn a language than by immersing oneself in the culture of that language. Our instructors understand this by developing and organizing many out-of-class activities that are both educational and crucial to becoming an adept English speaker.
Students practice their English at:
- Robotics Workshops at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Organized tours of Harvard University along with admission info
- Computer coding workshops at Microsoft
- Visits to the Google campus at Cambridge
On top of mastering general English vocabulary and grammar during morning instruction, students participate in twice-weekly group projects that allow them to develop specific vocabulary and manner of speaking in their chosen area of interest.
- Entrepreneurship. Students build a company, create products, and learn about business plans and sales strategy. This group will develop a vocabulary that is specific to the world of business.
- Oxford Debate. Students in this group will learn how to engage in public speaking and presentation during fun and engaging Oxford debates. This group works on complicating their English vocabulary by learning advanced delivery and the nuance of words.
- Science and Robotics. Students learn basic coding and programming, using it to then embark on a research project. This group will develop their vocabulary in regard to science and technology.
English Language Summer Camp students learn in one of the oldest cities in the United States.
A broad range of recreational and educational activities are available, including:
- Exposure to American cinema in Boston theaters
- Shopping on Newbury Street
- Tours of the historic Freedom Trail
- Visits to the Museum of Fine Arts Boston
- Marine Biology tours in Boston Harbor
Weekend trip to New York City!
Cogito provides students with shared on-campus housing during the program.
Tuition covers the student’s room, meals, and amenities in Harvard Square, including:
- Dorm room (two students per room)
- Furniture and Bed (linens and towels included)
- Common area
- Kitchen with access to appliances
$4995 Three Weeks: July 1 – July 19
Group I: Beginner to Intermediate
Group II: Intermediate to Advanced
Scholarships available for top students!
The program tuition includes:
- Fifteen hours of English language instruction
- Educational tours to universities and companies
- University and company tours
- Room, board, and amenities
- Three meals per day
- Transportation to and from airport