Community College Fast Track
Community College High School Completion
The Community College High School Completion Program allows international students to complete an American high school diploma and earn college credits toward a university degree. It’s also known as community college fast track. In Washington State, qualified high school students can skip up to two years of high school, take college classes at a community college, and receive dual credit for both a high school diploma and a two-year college associate degree.
Who Completes a Fast Track Program?
- Students who haven’t yet finished high school
- High school exchange students who want to continue their education in the US
- Students who don’t want to spend their final year of high school studying for university entrance exams in their home countries
Timeline for Community College Fast Track:
- At least 16 years of age
- Completion of at least 10th Grade (Year 1) of high school
- TOEFL 61 or IELTS 5.5 (or start in Intensive ESL)
- Students are not eligible if they already completed high school and received a diploma in their home country or the U.S. Instead, they can apply to our Standard Community College Program for completion of an Associate degree.
1. Student selects school from list of Cogito partner colleges located in Washington state
2. Student submits copies of high school transcript to Cogito for initial review and pre-acceptance
3. Student pays $250 application fee to start the full application process
4. Upon successful acceptance, student pays 50% program fees to secure enrollment and received I-20
5. Upon successful visa, student pays remaining program fees and books flight to the USA
Prices range from $17,950-$21,950 for academy year tuition, homestay accommodation and meals, and health insurance. Airport transportation is provided within the cost of most school program fees.
Additional costs include books, travel and personal expenses.