Summer Programs at Ivy League Universities for International High School Students
Cogito offers summer programs that teach university level courses to international and American high school students at America’s top universities including Stanford, Harvard, Yale, and Brown. Students live on campus and attend classes taught by regular university professors.
Reasons to apply for a summer study program at a top American University
1. Improve college applications by earning credits from prestigious universities
When viewing student applications, US college admissions officers look at much more than just grades and foreign language exam scores. Universities are looking for students who have interests outside of the classroom and show motivation and a strong work ethic. Furthering your education over the summer shows initiative.
2. Improve English language skills on all levels
International students improve their academic language and writing during college level classes and their “spoken English” by living and interacting with American students.
3. Experience university life on an American college campus
Going off to college can be an intimidating process- but not if you have already studied at a top American university! By spending your summer at a top US school, you can prepare yourself for life after high school graduation. Whether it is rooming with a stranger or learning to navigate the cafeteria, your summer college experience will ensure you are ready for life after high school graduation.
4. Meet new people and make lifelong friends from across the world
Summer programs at American colleges attract students from across America- and from across the world, too. These programs offer many fun activities for students to meet new friends, from movie nights to sporting events to ice cream socials. Friendships often last long past the end of the program, and many students gain lifelong friends during these summer weeks.
May 1; most programs start July 1. Specific deadlines and start dates vary by school.
1. Student sends Cogito pre-application
2. Student pays application fee of $300 (credit card authorization card)
3. Student receives full application package and list of required documents
4. Student pays deposit of $2500
5. Student receives acceptance letter and I-20.
6. Student pays remaining balance after visa is received.
All international students must provide required immunization documents.
Cost varies based on school, location, length of program and number of classes. Please contact us for price list.
High school students typically stay in university dorm. International students usually share a room with American students, which helps them improve their language skills.