Guardianship Services for US boarding schools students
Cogito World Education provides comprehensive guardianship services for middle and high school students studying at US boarding schools, and whose parents live overseas.
Our updated guardianships services include assistance with emergencies related to COVID 19 and any other pandemics.
Why do parents and schools consider guardianship service for every boarding school student?
Covid 19 hugely impacted international education and provided new challenges in international travel. Schools and parents should take extra precaution to make sure that their child is fully supported and safe when studying abroad.
For a while it will be more difficult to travel internationally and domestically, arrange airport pick up, school breaks and long weekends. We created several services to accommodate changes related to international travel.
We currently offer guardianship services in these states: Massachusetts, Maine, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Vermont.
By signing guardian services with Cogito World Education your child or student will have permanent support from a responsible adult living permanently in the United States within distance no greater than 3 hours by car. In case of any emergency, school closing, delayed flight, medical emergency we will be happy to assist within 24 h. We can arrange safe school breaks and holiday stays with local host families or residential programs. Through our partner company- Colibri Boston, every year we organize Thanksgiving, Christmas and Spring breaks so students do not have to travel to their home countries.
Our guardianship includes *
- Communication with school on all matters related to student (health, academics, behavior)
- Once a month follow up with the student
- Participation in parent weekend if parents can’t travel
- Arrangement for transportation services ( we work with our own drivers with safe sanitized cars)
- Providing tutoring services if needed – our tutors are from top US universities: Harvard, MIT, BU
- Options for long weekends, schools breaks either at our residential programs and camps or local host families so students do not have to travel back home
- Quarantine arrangements if required after entry to the USA
- Covid 19 testing if requested before joining the school
- 24 h assistance with arranging school pick up and accommodation if a student needs to leave campus due to health, behavior or school closing emergency
*Parents are responsible for covering the cost of car service, tutoring hours, quarantine accommodation, school break program or host family cost etc.
Covid 19 related support:
All our guardians are:
- At least 25 years old and passed background check
- Speak English
- Are acquainted with American customs and educational systems
- Live in the continental United States and be able to take physical responsibility for the student within twelve (12) hours of notification of a problem, if parents are not in residence
Cost of guardianship services for academic year
The cost of one academic year guardianship for first child is $5750 and second child $3750.
Approximate cost of services offered by Cogito World Education Guardianship Program:
Car service – $75 -750 depends on distance
Tutoring – $75 – 95 per hour
Host family stay – $150 -250 per day
Thanksgiving, Spring break and other residential programs – $195 -250 per day (all included).
How to sign up for Cogito World Education
2. We will send you:
- Agreement and medical release form (download here)
- Bank transfer info for payment
Questions? Schedule a call or Skype with our team.
Phone/WhatsApp +617 301 1237